Best of Beauty 2012: Makeup Edition

Happy New Year to all cushyblushy's readers!!

What happened to 2012? It just flew by, but nonetheless it was a great year and I'm ready to create more awesome memories and try more new things in 2013.

I've been extremely busy on the last quarter of 2012 which explains the lack of posts. The company I work for was downsized and reorganized. It took a lot of effort to cover up the gaps and we're still working on it. I was also traveling a lot for weddings. Mr. Adventure and I are busy planning our wedding as well. We have less than a month to go! We don't have a traditional wedding. We are already officially married on papers, but we're having our reception much later due to family and work reasons.

Anyway, back to the main topic BEAUTY. I'm sharing all the makeup products that I've discovered and loved in 2012.


Face products
  • Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation For Combination/Oily skin. My shade is 300 golden beige. This is the best drugstore liquid foundation for my super oily skin. It gives a nice buildable coverage with a natural finish. My makeup stays on whole day with a quick touch up after lunch.
  • Finishing/Touch-up Powder: Mac Blot Powder in medium. This mattifies my face without packing on layers of products and keeps my oil at bay.
  • Concealar: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I can mix the lighter and darker shades to create a better color match for my skin tone when I'm tanner in summer. It's creamy but not cakey at all.
  • Bronzer: NYC Smooth Skin Sunny Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720. It's super affordable, not muddy or not orange. The perfect no fuss bronzer.
  • Blusher: Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild. I love the coral peachy shade with some golden shimmer. It's pretty similar to Benefit's Coralista which I also have, but I picked this instead because the packaging it's smaller and more compact to travel with. I want to try their beach tint. 
Eyes products
  • Liquid Eyeliner: Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum, Ultra Black. This Presice brush tip applicator is extremely easy to use. I love that it's not waterproof yet smudge free. It's good for everyday when I'm too lazy to spend lots of time removing my eye makeup. I don't see any difference in the serum which promotes growth though.
  • Mascara: Maybeline Full' N Soft Mascara. I love the thickening effects it gives without clumping or looking hard. The waterproof formula helps to keep my lashes curl all day.
  • Pencil Eyeliner: Milani Liquif'eye metallic eye liner. I mentioned this eyeliner a couple of times before. It's creamy, glides on smoothly and gives you the darkest black. Downside, I go through this way too quickly.
  • Gel Eyeliner: Stila smudge pots. It's smudge free. The contains a ton of product. I wonder if I'll be able to use it up before it dries.
  • Eyeshadow: Maybeline Color Tattoo 24HR Eyeshadown. Hands down my favorite eyeshadow of the year. I use them as a primer, as a base for powder shadows or just wear them alone. They're so easy to use and last whole day. My favorite color is barely beige and the newly release inked in pink.
LIp Products
  • Lip stick: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter. Favorites of many. It's moisturizing, nice range of colors, non-sticky. For me, it's a lip balm, lip stick and lip gloss on a lazy day.
  • Lip gloss: Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish. It's a nice nudy pink gloss that compliments my skin tone. It has plumping effect which I don't mind and I love the tingling feeling on my lips and the minty scent.
  • Lip gloss: Jill Stuart Jelly Lip Gloss. I got this as a gift (comes in a set), but I like the glossy finish and very fine iridescent. 
I'm going to be traveling next week to KL, Malaysia for my wedding reception and Thailand for my honeymoon. I'll find time to write about my vacation - fingers crossed :)

i 'm on instagram now. username: cushy




0 comments:

Post a Comment