Best of Beauty 2013 ~ Makeup Edition

January is the month of awards ceremony. The SAG, Golden Globe, and Grammy's had past and the Oscars is coming March 2nd. There are many predictable and surprise winners. Nevertheless, the awards are handed out and the chapter is closed for 2013.

Let's switch gears to Makeup shall we. This is my 2nd year for my annual "award" series. Click here for last year's award. It's getting harder and harder to decide on a "winner" as there are so many good quality products out there. The "winners" do not necessary launched in 2013, but products that I've used and enjoyed in 2013 and have consistently reach for. 

Let's begin!






Face category:

Best Sunscreen: Biore UV Tint Milk SPF30 PA++
This is a favorite over and over again. It's lightweight, non-greasy, absorbs quickly and has no scent. Added plus for it's affordable price!

Best Primer: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
This is a luxurious face primer. I've only have a sample size but I was able to get a lot of uses out of it. You'll only need very little product to cover the entire face. It very lightweight, smoothes out your skin, soften the looks of pores, and creates a beautiful canvas for your next step. Also, it's not silicone base like most primers are. 

Best Foundation: Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1
I have a feeling this is everyone's favorite and I totally agree. I used this on days when I'm in a hurry It's primer, foundation and concealar in 1 product and shortens my "get ready" time by 3x. It's also long lasting and has good coverage. 

Best concelar: Maybeline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer 
It's easy to use and blends beautifully.

Best Setting Powder: Maybeline Matte Powder
This helps my face to stay matte longer (I have oily skin). It's not "cakey" and gives a nice finish. 

Best Setting Spray: UD De Slick Oil_Control Setting Spray
This is a major must have when I'm going out for a long time and want to have a long lasting makeup. It helps my makeup from "sliding" and "slipping" and definitely help with my oil control. 

Best Blusher: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
I had such a hard time choosing a winner. Blusher has a special place in my heart and there are so many gorgeous blushes out there. So, I went with picking the blush that I used most often through the year. I love that it gives a beautiful peachy glow on my cheeks. 

Best Bronzer: NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny *2nd time winner
I need to try more bronzer this year as I keep purchasing the same one every time it runs out. However, it's great, it's very affordable and it works well for contouring.


Eyes Category:

Best Eye Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
It goes on easily, doesn't crease, and makes my eye makeup last longer.

Best Cream Eyeshadow: MUFE Aqua Shadow 
This glides on buttery, stays on and has pretty colors. 

Best Eyeshadow Palette: LORAC Pro Palette
This is an amazing palette with 8 matte and 8 shimmery shadows. So versatile, great color payoff, buttery, great color variety. This palette is able to give any kind of looks from neutral day time to smoky night look. I love the garnet and deep plum as a slight branch off from neutral. 

Best Liquid Eyeliner: Physician Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum *2nd time winner
I'm still sticking to this liquid eyeliner as it's easy to use, sets quickly, doesn't smudge, and easy to remove. Not sure about the lash boosting serum part though.

Best Pencil Eyeliner: Rimmel London Scandaleyes
This is great to line my waterline. It stays on and doesn't smudge

Best Gel Eyeliner: CAILYN Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner
It comes with a brush which makes it great for traveling. The formula is great as well. 

Best Mascara: Maybeline the Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara
My lashes are very fine and they point straight down naturally. This mascara keeps the curl and gives volume to my lashes. 

Best Brow Product: None


Lips Category:

Best Lip Balm: EOS Lip Balm 
They're easy to reach for and moisturizing with delicious fruity flavor. I have one on my work desk, my vanity, and my bedside table although I don't carry it with me on the go because it's too bulky for my purse.

Best Tinted Lip Balm: Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment
Cult Favorite! It has spf, very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips. The rose tint gives a quick pretty color on your lips. 

Best Jumbo Lips Pencil: Neutrogena Moistore Smooth Color Stick
The scent is delicious and it's very moisturizing.

Best Lipstick: Maybeline Color Whisper
I love these more than the Revlon Lip Butter. It feels better on the lipstick and I prefer the thinner packaging.  

Best Lip Gloss: Nyx Butter Gloss
Great color selection and it doesn't feel sticky on the lips. 

I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for us makeup "junkies."






0 comments:

Post a Comment