Taipei adventure ~ day 3

Taipei adventure ~ day1, day2
Travel date: April 21st 2012
I finally got around to pick and edit the photos for day 3. It ain't easy when sd card is cheap which makes you snapped at anything and ended with more than a thousand photos. If you miss day1&2, checkout the link above.
Day 3 started with a much better instant ramen, with meat!
It was a busy Saturday morning in Taipei.


we dropped by Dr. Sun Yet-Sen memorial on the way to 101. Glad i watched 1911 movie by Jacky Chan before the trip. Refreshed my memory on the founding of the Republic of China.
Dr. Sun Yet-Sen & I. I wonder why his statue aren't as big as Chiang Kai-Shek's considering he was the founder of the nation.
The statue-like guard. I think it's torturous to stand still for hours, but I think they do take pride on their duty.
Wondering around the memorial. It's difficult to take photos together (we were lazy to setup the tripod even though we brought it), so we seized the opportunity and used the camera there :)
A blurry Taipei 101.

Next stop shinkong mitsukoshi, elite and Taipei 101. All the high end department stores are located next to each other. We spent hours in eslite looking at books, magazines, and fancy gadgets.
The main reason for us to go there is not to shop, but to EAT! Din Tai Fung at 101 was crowded with mostly tourist when we got there. We waited for about 20 mins to be seated. I got the say the service was excellent and the xiao lung bao was the juiciest ever. On top of that, they have English menu :)
It started to rain when we were about to leave the area, so we decided to drop by Taipei Main Station underground mall. I heard about the shoes galore there and happy to announce that it's absolutely true. The underground mall is like a labyrinth. You can almost find anything you want there. I love those "cube" shops where sellers rent a cube from the store to sell their products. it's great for small businesses and the items are pretty random. All the shoe stores sell the same shoes that are on sale. So, if you're just eyeing for discounted shoes, you can just go to one store and call it a day. The only difference I encountered is that 1 store sell it for cheaper, 2 shoes for 350nt instead of 200nt each pair at the other stores. Naturally, I bought from the cheaper store.
I've been wearing them almost everyday since I got home. The quality is decent and they will probably last through summer and fall. For less than $6 each, I really can't complain.

Accessories from the cube shops. I'm currently obsess with skulls and skeletons.
We rested in our hotel for a while to drop of all the shopping bags and rest our feet before heading out again.
Cosmed is just around the hotel, which makes it super convenient to haul sheet masks(they are heavy and I wouldn't recommend hauling them all over Taipei unless you have strong arms). I kinda overdid it and probably won't need to buy sheet mask for a year or so. Noted they are about half price cheaper than online. I got my beauty diary, sexy look(new fav) and my scheming box set, which come in several different variety.
We hunt for the famous Ah Zhongshan Mian Xian at Ximen. With all the raves, we expected it to be excellent, but it fell short. The texture of the noodles were soft and thin, but the soup had too much vinegar. I prefer meat or vege broth rather than sauce base.
on the other hand, I give the passion fruit bubble tea a 5 star. Great for hot humid night.

The crowded Saturday night at Ximen. I spent lots of time in the 24hrs Watson.

Beauty/makeup haul from Watson.
Shiseido Tsubaki damage care hair shampoo and conditioner. I love this line as it makes my hair soft without drying out.
Naruko niaouli & tea tree clay cleanser and targeted treatment. I'm using the clay cleanser and it feels so refreshing and clean. I usually leave it on for 5 mins before rinsing off since its a clay cleanser and helps to remove any impurities.
Integrate accent eyes gr760. An olive green shimmery eyeshadow.
Kate cheek color s or-1. Love this natural orange blush.
Majolica Majorca Lash King mascara. A new mascara from the highly rave brand. The fibers lengthens, the mascara doesn't clump even on several layers, and it stay on whole day. my only complain is that it doesn't volumize as much as i like it to. i need to layer on a separate mascara for that. 
Lavshuca little star glow rouge in be-1 lipstick. A sheer nude orange lipstick with shimmers.
Koji no. 71 eyelash curler. This curler is amazing for a cheap price tag.
Biore Sara Sara uv watery essence. My current favorite sunscreen. It blends easily, absorbs quickly, non greasy and works great as a base for my foundation.
Biore Sara Sara uv perfect milk. I have not tried this.
Biore blotting paper. A must have for oily skin like myself.






0 comments:

Post a Comment